Hey my beautiful readers…
How is the day treating you all..???
I don’t feel I am perfect at drawing perfect winged eye liner but , would love to share my tried and tested tips with you guys. I will be glad if you find them useful.
So, today I will be sharing some of the tips I follow while creating winged eye liner look.
You must have heard saying “Do not ask a girl with winged liner, why she is late…!!!” wink Yes, it is an art… but not a rocket science for sure… Practice makes you perfect.
Let’s get started then…
I have classified it into 3 steps.
- Preparing eye lids:
To begin with, we need to prepare the base. Most of us are blessed with the oily lids. Oily lids make the liner smudge bit fast. Hence, we need to make eye lids oil proof in order to make our liner last longer.
For this, you need a good Eye Primer. It evens out skin tone, absorbs oil and prepares the base.
If you do not have one, don’t worry… Even setting powder will do the job. You can use any setting powder of your choice, which matches your skin tone.
Prepare your eye lids by applying setting powder on them.
- Drawing the liner along the eye lash line.
Most of you guys, especially the beginners find it really difficult to draw line along the eyelash line. Let me make this step a bit easier one. All of you guys have must played ‘connecting the dots’ game at some point of time in your life. So, lets bring back that memory here. laugh
Draw dots over the eyelids along the eye lash line.
Now just connect them.
Phewww…!!! Done with the tricky part… right..??
- Drawing the wing:
You must have loads of cards, like debit/ credit/ shopping etc. Pick one of them. Place the card in such a way that, the end of your eye brow and corner of your eye are in a straight line as shown below.
Draw a line starting from the eye’s corner towards eyebrow end along the side of the card. Length of the line is totally of your choice. I prefer a small wing. If you guys want to try dramatic long wing look, draw a bit long line.
Now, drawing the triangle.
Draw a line from the eye lash line (which you drew in the previous step), to the tip of the line drawn using the card few minutes back to draw a triangle.
Fill in the triangle.
Wow…!!! You are done drawing winged liner…!!! good job
Couple of mascara swipe, and you are ready… 🙂
Some more tips I would like to mention:
- For beginners, I would suggest using gel eyeliners. Once you get used to drawing lines perfectly, you can start using liquid eye liners. Handling liquid eye liners is a tricky part since they are runny.
- Do not leave any gap while drawing line along eye lash line on the lid.
- Keep ear buds handy to erase the tiny mistakes that tend to happen while drawing lines.
- Most important, do not lose patience/ hope. Even I am not so perfect. It needs a lot of practice to be a pro.
- You can apply kajal to the water line.
- Applying white/ n**e eye liners on the water line will give you a fresh eye look.
Did you find this helpful???
Do try and let me know your experience.
Happy weekend you guys…!!!!