Love for Perfumes…
“A woman’s perfume tells more about her, than her handwriting” – Christian Dior
Raise your hand if you are a perfume addict like me. I have a collection of body mists and perfumes which match my mood. Sweet floral fragrances make my heart melt. Hence I end up buying the mostly sweet girly mists. Which type of fragrance do you love???
If you ask me which are my favorite mist and perfume… I would say “Passion Struck Body Mist from Victoria Secret” and “Zara Woman Black Perfume”. They are amazing. I am pretty sure, girls who love mild sweet fragrance are making note of these cuties’ names. wink
Just like music, a perfume’s fragrances can be classified into 3 notes based on their staying power. Let me give you a quick glimpse of the 3 fragrance notes.
1. Top/ Head notes:
These are perceived immediately on application. (Sometimes, you might have heard the person at store, after spraying the perfume saying” wait for a while to smell the perfume”. This might be because, the perfume might not be a top/head note.
2. Middle / Heart notes:
These are the perfumes, which become pleasant with time.
3. Base note:
These are the perfumes which are not perceived within 30 minutes of application.
Categories Based on Fragrance Type:
They can also be classified based on the fragrance type. The chart below is useful to know more about the categorization.
Sometimes when people look at my body mist bottle and ask me which perfume do I use, I correct them saying its body mist not a perfume. smile Then the obvious question pops in. “What is the difference between perfume and a body mist…!!!” So, today I thought why don’t I share the difference between them here, in mygirlypedia.
So, what is a perfume… Perfume is a mixture of fragrant essential oils and aromatic components. Where as, body mist is lighter, milder version of perfume with more water content. Which makes it safe to apply directly on skin. Please note, both contain alcohol contents in them. Alcohol content makes the perfume/ mist to evaporate faster.
Below are some of the notable differences between perfume and body mist.
|Water content is less||Water based|
|Strong fragrance||Lighter fragrance|
|Lasts longer||Does not last long|
|Contains oils||Does not contain oil|
|Not recommended to use directly on skin||Can be used directly on skin|
Some of the tips to be followed, in order to make your perfume last longer:
- Fragrance lasts longer on moisturized skin. So, for the oily beauties, the fragrance lasts longer. If your skin is dry, no worries. Apply a good moisturizer before applying the fragrance. Applying moisturizer of same brand(just like Victoria secret body lotion) makes the fragrance last really long. This is the reason, using body wash, lotion and fragrance from same fragrance line is always recommended.
- Applying mist/perfume on pulse points is a great idea to make the fragrance last longer. Like for example,
- Behind your ear
- Bottom of your throat
- On your wrist
- Inside your elbow
- Behind your knee
- Always, always store the perfume/ mists away from heat, light and humidity. They break the molecules and hence downgrade the quality of fragrance.
You can apply Vaseline jelly on pulse points before applying the mist. The jelly helps in trapping the fragrance and makes it last long.
- Best time to apply mist is soon after you step out of bath. The open pores absorb the fragrance better.
Yes there are certain rules / etiquette to follow, when it comes to perfumes.
- You might have observed some of your friends/colleagues wearing strong perfumes to school/office. I am sure most of us do not like the strong fragrances. In order to avoid the inconvenience to others, avoid wearing strong fragrance perfumes to workplace or school.
- Too much is too bad, so is not using perfume. I have seen so many people, who really need a good perfume. *phew* Spray a good mist/perfume to avoid body odor.
When the shelf life of a perfume gets over, please dump it. I know most of the girls are emotionally attached to certain stuffs. (I am one among them.. *hehe* ). In this case, you can keep them. But do not use them.
- Before spraying perfume on your clothes, make sure it is fabric friendly. Certain perfume leave permanent stain on clothes. *ouch*
These are some of the information I have about fragrances. smile
After the shopping therapy, aroma therapy works best for me…!!! wink If you also love perfumes and mists, do let me know your favorite ones. Would love to try them.
Happy Weekend beautiful,