Hey Sweetie pies,
I am so refreshed after the awesome weekend I had. Do you want to know what I did last weekend??? I had been to trekking at ‘Visapur Fort’ and visited ‘Bhaja Caves on Saturday. The scenic beauty, rain, the company of some great friends and the amazing historical caves refreshed my soul.
Last evening, I had been to MAC store (it’s like a holy place for us, the makeup addicts/shopaholics). Bought an eyeliner, which I will review soon.
I must say; as much as I enjoyed my weekend, I missed blogging here at my girlypedia. In order to cover up for the last two days, I am writing this post about ‘flaw covering’ makeup product – ‘Concealer’.
So, what is concealer?
Concealer/color corrector, used to mask dark circles, age spots, large pores, and other small blemishes visible on the skin.
Like I said before, it is used to hide flaws and achieve flawless finish.
When to use concealer?
Concealer is usually used after primer, before/after foundation. But I would suggest you to use it before foundation to get smoother and flawless result.
On which part of face do we need to apply concealer??
- If you want to even out whole skin tone of face, you can apply it all over face. Make sure you choose same shade as that of your natural skin tone.
- Else, you can apply under eyes, on blemishes, on uneven patches, around mouth (if you have darker skin around mouth), pimples etc.
What are the differences between foundation and concealer?
- This is similar to foundation but it is thicker which helps in better coverage.
- Foundation is applied on large area of face. Concealer is used on under eyes, on pimple scars and on other types of flaws on face.
Can we use only concealer on face??
Yes you can. You can also use lose powder to get clearer look.
Do we get concealers in different shades???
Good news is yes…!!! There are multiple choices when it comes to shades available for concealers.
- I would suggest you to choose a concealer of shade one or two lighter than your skin tone for hiding dark spots. The reason behind this is, when you apply concealer of lighter shade on the darker spots like pimple scars, will even out skin tone…!!!
- You can pick a concealer similar to your skin tone if you just want to hide or blur minor imperfections.
Are there any different forms of concealer???
Yes… There are multiple liquid and solid/ cream form of concealers.
What are the types of concealers???
- Yellow Concealers:
This is safest type of concealers when you think of experimenting. This is used to even out skin tone. It vanishes the uneven skin tone.
- Pink concealers:
This is a savior for those beauties who have dark blue or purplish areas on face caused by pimples, broken veins, or rosacea. If the under eye area is darker, this concealer can be used.
- Green Concealers:
This is used to neutralize red zones on your face. By red zone I mean, blemishes, acne, red spots. But it is recommended not to use it on dark spots and under eye circles.
Big question – How to apply concealer???
- Apply primer to minimize the pores.
- Choose a concealer of lighter shade.
- Put few drops of concealer under your eyes. Using a makeup sponge, gently blot the concealer into your skin. (You can also use your fingers to pat and blend the concealer)
- Apply foundation of the shade similar to your skin shade.
- Blend it to get flawless look.
How to avoid looking caked up??
You need to prepare your skin before applying concealer, in order to avoid looking caked up. Apply primer/ moisturize face before concealer.
So, these are the questions popped into my mind about concealers. If you want to know anything more about this magical product, do let me know. Love to help you. Angel smile
Keep Shining Beautiful,