How to Use Lipliners…!!!
Today while applying lip liner, I thought why don’t I write a tiny post about it here, in my cute girly world ‘My GirlyPedia‘…!!!
Do you remember the ‘coloring books’ which we used to buy when we kids. Those books used to have sketches of animals, flowers, cartoons etc. Our job used to be coloring them with colors of our choice. Those were fun days. Isn’t it??? That proud moment of buying water color with more color cakes, that one separate florescent sketch pen in the kit, those crayons…pheww Never ending childhood memories. Happy tears
I mentioned about those books because what we are going to do with lip liner and lipstick are kind of same. Lip liner, as the name suggests is used to draw lines. You draw outline on your lips inside which you will be filling color with lipstick of your choice. Sounds fun???
Most of the beautician stress on using lip liners because,they perfectly define your lips. They act like boarder and makes lipstick application easy.
You must be eager to know how to apply lip liner to exaggerate one of the beautiful part of your face, ‘lips’:
- Like I always say, start with a clean canvas. hehe Apply concealer around and on lips. (I suggested you to apply concealer on lips as well because, concealer neutralize the lip color and hence the lip pencil’s and lipstick’s color pay off will be good. Else, your natural lip color may alter lipstick’s color and hence the result might not be up to the mark. )
Take the lip liner pencil of your choice. (Make sure tip is sharp enough to draw fine lines)
Draw line on your outer corner of your lower lip. (You can draw line bit outside your lips to make your lip look plump.)
Do you know double curve on your upper lip, is called ‘cupid’s bow’. (That”s because of the shape of our lips…!!!)
- In order to define the cupid’s bow beautifully, you need to draw an ‘X’ mark like this.
Like mentioned for lower lip, you can draw outline outside upper lip to get plump pout.
Fill in with lipstick by using a good lip brush. (Filling colors within the lines, using thin brushes is easier than the thick lipsticks right?? )
- Blend the lip liner and lipstick.
Done. Happy dance
Refer this below image to give a plump look to your lips:
More info about lip liners:
1. There are two types of lip liners available in market. Typical pencil package one and the retractable tube package.
2. I always prefer retractable one. Because you don’t need to run for a sharpener every time to use the product effectively. Also it reduces the product wastage.
3. Always choose lip liner of shade similar or nearer shade as that of your lipstick. This helps in blending step easy.
4. Lip liners are usually of matte finish ones. You can fill all your lips with lip liner and use it as a lipstick.
5. Do not over do the lines. It want to look gorgeous, not tedious.
6. You can also use nu*e lip liners to get illusion of plump lips.
7. Use lip brush to fill inside the lines. At lease till the time you become a pro to fill colors using lipstick.
8. I have mentioned about drawing lines outside lips to make it look plump. But make sure, you draw the corners on the natural lip corners. Do not over do at the corners.
9. Do you know, lip liners make lipstick last longer, without any touch ups…!!! You got one more good reason to use them.
You know every thing about lip liners now…!!! wink
I hope this post will be useful the next time you apply lipstick.
Till next post,