Hey my lovely reader,
Raise your hand if you are up for a longgg calllllmmm mineral bath… Nice mild fragrance and candles lighten up everywhere… Sounds relaxing enough ??? OooK… I can hear you saying “yeahhh…” So today I have something of this sort of relaxing thing to try out this week…
Bath salts are the water soluble minerals, used for a great bathing experience. They are the secret to smooth skin…!!!
In addition to the detoxification steps I have mentioned in my previous post, bath salt also helps in detoxifying, exfoliating and smoothing the skin. They also lower blood pressure, muscle soreness and cure insomnia. The next time if you are not getting sleep in the night, you know what to try out… 😉
You might have heard that bathing in sea water cures multiple skin diseases. Just like the Sea salt, the bathing salts claim to cure skin conditions. All thanks to the minerals with soothing properties.
You must be thinking, What these salts are made up of… Major ingredients of bath salt are magnesium sulfate (Epsom salts), sodium chloride (table salt), sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), sodium hexametaphosphate (Calgon, amorphous/glassy sodium metaphosphate), borax, sodium citrate, foaming and effervescencent agents.
Some also contain glycerin in them. This helps in adding moisture to our skin.
Colors are added in order to make them look attractive. Odor added to salts helps us to have that aroma therapy experience while bathing. Oil is also added to salts for that extra health benefits.
So how does they work???
There are multiple type of bath salts available. With different colors, aroma and they serve different purposes.
- Some salts like phosphate, help in exfoliation. They softens the calloused skin.
- Some are water softners. They can reduce the hardness of water and help you have a great bathing experience.
- High concentration salts help you feel lighter in bath. They increase the density of water thus you feel light and relaxed.
- Some are meant for cleansing and moisturizing your skin.
How to use bath salts???
These are affordable and quite simple to use.
- Put two cups of bath salt on a piece of cloth.
- Tie it to make a bath salt bag.
- Fill your bath tub with warm water.
- Dip the salt bag into the water.
- Get into the bath tub and enjoy the bathing time.
Irrespective of the age group and gender, everyone can enjoy the bath salts. But it’s advisable to consult a doctor before using it if you are allergic or pregnant.
You can pick any of the bath salts readily available in the market. But it’s always more beneficial to use Natural one with no added color or aroma.
I will write post about how to prepare bath salts at home, tomorrow…!!!
Now that you know how to use bath salts, buy a colorful aromatic one and do enjoy a long hot mineral bath to wash away those weekday blues… 💋