Pros and Cons of Coffee
While I was sipping coffee the other day, a random thought about ‘what’s good and bad in coffee’ came to my mind. So after researching, I could list below points.
Read on if you are a coffee lover like me. Let’s see what a cup of coffee does to your body.
Good things first :
- Helps in weight loss. Yes…!!! How?!! Ok… Coffee contains magnesium and potassium. These both help in utilizing insulin. This helps in balancing blood sugar level and controlling craving for sweets.
- Helps in Burning that nasty fat. Caffeine helps fat cells in breaking down fat cells.
- Helps your mental alertness. Moderate intake of coffee helps to stay focused and improves mental alertness. It also helps in increasing memory power.
- Coffee lowers the risk of death. The studies have proved that the risk of death in a man who drinks coffee is 25% less than that of the one who doesn’t.
- Coffee can reduce the risk of cancer. Few people were made to drink 2-4 cups of coffee everyday,for study purpose. It’s observed that the growth of endometrial cancer by 25% in women and growth of prostate cancer in men by 20%.
- Risk of stroke and Parkinson ‘s disease is lowered by coffee. Scientists have proved that regular consumption of coffee in moderate quality helps in reducing the risk of stroke and Parkinson’ s disease by 25%.
- Protects your body. Coffee contains lot of antioxidants. Antioxidants are warriors inside our body. They fight against free radicals and protect our body.
- Protects brain from diseases like Alzheimer and Dementia.
- Mood lifter, stress buster. Yes, coffee stimulates central nervous system and releases happy hormones. These help in lifting up the mood. Also studies say that 2 cups of coffee a day can keep depression away by 50%.
- Performance booster. If you want to improve your physical activity by 10-12%, have a cup of black coffee one hour prior to your gym session. This is because, coffee increases adrenaline rush in your body.
Now let’s look at the harm it does…!!!
- A coffee made up of spoiled beans can kill you. It can be toxic and cause headaches, makes you feel low…!!
- Drinking 80-100 cups of coffee or water at one go (I know it’s insane), can kill you.
- Coffee can cause insomnia. Strangely, the amount of suitable caffeine depends on each individual. If we consume more than that, we might end up being insomniac and feel restless.
- Coffee should not be recommended for a pregnant lady. The fetus is much sensitive to caffeine. Hence pregnant women are not allowed to drink coffee.
- Filter coffee for people with high cholesterol. Yes, coffee contains sugary contents. In the filtered coffee, most of which are trapped out. So reduces the risk of increasing cholesterol.
- Coffee causes wrinkles. Oh nooooo!!!! Coffee dehydrates your body. Too much consumption of coffee will result in wrinkles.
I hope the next time you sip coffee, you know all the benefits and loss you are causing to yourself…!!! ☕