Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
One of the most ignored parts of our body is feet. Agreed??? Do observe heals of those well dressed ladies. At least 6 out 10 of them have cracked heels. It looks so odd.
If you don’t want to be one of those, read on.
Reasons for cracked heels:
- Lack of moisture
- Improper diet
- Improper foot hygiene
If this is not treated, it might lead to blood loss and worsen foot condition.
Let’s start with cleaning the feet:
- Dip feet in warm water. You can mix a bit of bath salt or vinegar to the water. This makes skin soft. Thus helps scrubbing easy.
- You can also add hydrogen peroxide to the water. It removes dirt.
- Scrub. All you need is a good foot brush with a scrubber. I use the one from the body shop. You can use pumice stone too, for scrubbing away those dead skin from feet.
- Once you are done scrubbing, wash your feet with warm water and wipe it with clean towel.
Let’s see different foot creams to heal the cracks.
- This one is tried and tested by my mom. Take half bucket of warm water, mix honey to it. Dip your feet inside this water and relax for next 10-15 minutes. After that, apply a good foot cream, post rubbing off your feet. Honey helps in healing the cracks.
- We South Indians make most of coconut oil. For foot care, we prepare a cream out of bea’s wax and coconut oil. It’s simple. Melt the wax and mix oil to it. You can keep this mixture inside refrigerator. Apply the cream on cleaned feet, before hitting bed everyday.
- You can apply coconut oil (or any moisturizing oil) and turmeric mixture on cracked heels. Turmeric has antiseptic properties and coconut oil is a healer.
- Ghee- Apply ghee to say bye bye to cracked heels. Ghee helps in adding moisture.
P.S. You can wear socks after applying creams. This will seal the moisture. And protects from ruining the bed.
- Apply lemon juice to heels. This helps in cleaning and helps in recovery. But, applying this on cracked heels do results in tingling or burning sensation.
- Glycerin. One of the best moisturizer. Apply glycerin on heels. Glycerin is bit sticky. Hence wear socks.
- Foot cream. If you want the healing much quicker, go for some good foot creams available in the market. Will review some of the foot creams o have used till date.
- Foot pack: just like face pack, apply a good foot mask or pack to restore moisture. To start with, you can apply Avocado mask. Smash a Avocado and apply it on feet and heels. Wash it after 10-15 minutes.
- Vaseline- Adding one more point in my previous post on multiple benefits of Petroleum Jelly. Applying it on heels helps the recovery fast.
- Aloe Vera. How can we not talk about Aloe Vera when it comes to moisture. Apply Aloe Vera on cracked heels. It gives you cooling effect and adds the much needed moisture.
So, these are some of the tried and tested home Remedies.
Do try and share your experience with us… 😇
Have a happy feet…!!!