Beauty Benefits of Glycerin
My favorite month is here December. Love the cold weather and every thing Christmassy(F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Phoebe’s fans will get this…) Have you checked out the snow fall effect in Mygirlypedia pages??? If you are reading this in mobile, switch to desktop mode to feel the snow fall, right now in the page you are reading currently…!!!
Apart from reviewing the best and worst beauty products for this winter, I will also add some home remedies which are tested and proved to be the saviors in winters.
Today’s product is the colorless, odourless and well known product – Glycerin…!!!
You must have heard or read that the glycerin is the most moisturizing, good for skin etc. etc. I will tell you more detail of this magical product in this post. Read on..!!
Glycerin is a sugar and alcohol mixture. The pure product of this mixture is called as Glycerol and the impure commercial product is glycerin. This is composed of oxygen, hydrogen and carbon. Glycerin is widely used in beauty, pharmacy, paper industries and food industries. All thanks to its great moisturizing and non toxic properties. Plus, its inexpensive. Available in all drugstores.
Lets see how can we get most out of this magical liquid..!!
- You know CTM is the key to great skin. Cleansing, Toning and followed by Moisturizing should be your beauty Mantra. The good news is you don’t have to break your head to find the best moisturizing products for CTM routine for your dry skin. One tiny bottle of Glycerin can replace all the products required for CTM. Budget friendly..!!! Isn’t it???
- Hands are something which people do notice when you greet them. To keep them soft is something necessary. Wanna know how to do it with the help of glycerin??? Find the whole post with loads of tips about hand care here.
- Cracked heels..!! They can make your look from wow to ewww… In order to heal the chapped or cracked dry heels, follow the home remedies I have mentioned here which involve pocket friendly ingredients like glycerin.
- Chapped lips..!!! Definitely doesn’t look good. Since glycerin is non toxic, apply a drop of glycerin on your dry lips to cure it and make it pinkish.
- Skin tone can be improved by glycerin. Let me tell you how.. Glycerin is a moisturizing product. It also helps in cell maturation. Thus it leaves kin soft, supple and light toned.
- Also, applying glycerin on face regularly has proven to reduce the signs of aging like wrinkles.
- If you are tired of trying out different products to lighten skin scars or pimple marks, try out this inexpensive one. This will lighten the marks and scars effectively with regular use.
- When we get a moisturizing product with no side effects, we should ,make 100% use of it. right??? Replace all your nail cream or nail oils with glycerin. Apply a thin layer of glycerin on your nails post removing nail paints. This will keep them protected from getting dried.
- As I have mentioned before, it is used in soap industries, as a key ingredient. You can prepare bath soaps or bath salts at home too. You can find the steps to prepare your own customised glycerin bath salts here.
- This is a good news for oily skinned beauties. Glycerin is said to have oil regulating properties. Hence it is ideal for oily skin.
- If you add a bit of glycerin to your hair conditioner, your hair will thank you for sure for all the moisture.
- Mouth ulcers..!!! They are tiny but terrible.. They are caused due to increase in body heat. Glycerin has cooling properties. Applying glycerin on ulcers has said to cure them.
- Since it is a non toxic and natural product, you can use it on babies as well.
I have used glycerin long back. I am gonna buy one today..!!! What about you???