Dry Brushing – What??? Why???How???
Winter makes our skin dry and flaky. Isn’t it??? We do take a good care of our face by exfoliating it and by using different products. What about body??? Those dry arms and legs will never let you look good…!!! By taking a little more effort alternate day, we can achieve that perfect glowing skin. When the effort I’m talking about is so easy, I am sure you will include this in your beauty regime for sure.
So, today’s beauty treatment is for the removal of dry skin layer. How??? By exfoliation of course. But, this is a different from all other exfoliation methods. Dry Brushing.
As it sounds, we are going to use dry brush to brush away dry skin. It has multiple benefits apart from making skin soft. Wanna know in detail??? Read on…!!!
Let me start with right brush selection. After all we need a right weapon to win the war… Just kidding..!!!
There are multiple types of brushes available in the market which are used for dry brushing. Frankly speaking, different brushes works differently on different individuals. So, what I would personally suggest you is to get the brush from a local drug store instead of purchasing it online. Because you don’t know how soft or hard the bristles are. Thus, you better check it before buying it. Also, most of the online sites do not provide return options on personal care products for obvious reasons.
One more point to check for while choosing a brush is the length of the handle. It should be long enough to reach your back comfortably.
Once you are done with getting the required stuff, lets know how it is done.
How Dry Brushing is Done ???
It is simple. You got to do this treatment before taking shower or before getting wet. Thus the name ‘dry brushing’. Also make sure you are doing it inside bathroom because when you brush your body, the dry skin flakes do fall on the ground(for extremely dry skin). So, to keep the process clean, carry it in bathroom.
- Brush your body with the help of brush gently.
- Major point to consider is, you need to start brushing your feet first then legs and end it on your chest, towards heart. I will tell you the reason behind it.
What are the Uses of Dry Brushing ???
There are multiple uses of dry brushing your body. To list few :
It Stimulates Lymphatic System –
Lymphatic system is nothing but the system which is responsible for eliminating cellular wastes. Lymphatic tubules which are said to run just below the skin layer should function properly in order to keep our body away from toxic impurities. If they don’t, the accumulation of toxins may cause to some serious health issues. So, when you dry brush, the lymphatic tubules are stimulated. Thus increase their productivity. It is done bottom up manner because, the lymph systems drains in heart. Hence always brush towards chest area.
As I have mentioned, the dry flaky layer of skin gets brushed away. Thus leaving skin soft, supple. Glowing skin – Brushing helps in stimulating blood vessels. Thus increases the blood circulation which results in glowing skin.
Reduces Cellulite –
This is quite common among ladies. Cellulites are nothing but the cottage cheese like dimple on the skin. Usually thighs, stomach, back, around the hips, buttocks and breasts. It has been proved that the regular dry brushing do reduces the cellulite. #HappyDance
Energy Booster –
Many people claim that, dry brushing boost their energy level. You can use this as a stress buster too. Wow stress buster which leaves skin soft, double treat isn’t it???
Cleans the Pores –
If you use soft brush on your face, it is proved to clean the pores perfectly. BUT make sure the bristles are really REALLY SOFT. You do get FACIAL BRUSH in the market.
Now, if you are considering this technique,
here are some of the things you need to take care about –
- Be gentle. Do not brush the skin roughly, if you do so – you will end up doing more harm than good.
- Post bath, don’t forget to apply good moisturizer to seal in the moisture.
- Hygiene is important. Always clean the brush with warm water and soap to keep it germ free.
- Mainly, do not over brush the skin. Because you don’t want to steal the natural oils of skin. Do you??? I would suggest you to do it on alternative days if your skin is extremely dry. If not, 2-3 times a week should also work for you.
- Do not use body brush for exfoliating face. Facial skin is very delicate compared to body skin. As I have mentioned above, opt for a facial brush for dry brushing face.
- Usually dry brushing is done in the morning. Since it has been proved that it increases the energy level, you might end up losing your sleep if you do this exfoliation in the evening.
Voila..!!! Now you know one more exfoliation method…!!!
Hope you find it useful…!!!
PS – You can now let me know what you would like to see in Mygirlypedia more… How??? Click on the link above – ‘Take A Poll’ and chose your favorite answer. I will make sure you will get those stuffs in the blog soon…!!!