OOTD: Angarakha Kurta
One more OOTD post is here. Its again one of my favorite attire – Kurta and leggings.
But this kurta is something special. Not like it has any personal story of mine behind it. But because it has ancient history behind it.
It is a Angarakha Kurta from the brand Here&Now, bought from Myntra.
The word Angarakha means protect the body. So this particular pattern of garment was worn by men in ancient India to protect their body. You must have seen in old movies, men wearing such patterned upper garment. So this is basically an overlapping garment which is tied on the right or on left side of the shoulder. As it has tying with a knot facility, it was considered as most flexible and comfortable attire.
Well, it was a men’s wear in ancient India. But has entered wardrobes of women in modern India. Hehe.
This kurta is Angarakha patterned. I mean this is not exactly an overlapped and tied one. This is been stiched to look like Angarakha. Hehe.
The Navy blue kurta has this red and sky blue colored floral designs. The border of sleeves and kurta has this small design with off white color. The color combo is not loud it gives a calm look.
The deep v neck, the three quarter sleeves and the knot you see makes this Angarakha Kurta.
I paired it with comfortable fabric – black leggings.
For accessories, I happened to have earrings which exactly matched with this attire. The two step hanging earrings is of navy blue and sky blue combination. This is one of my street shoppings.
For neck I skipped the accessory.
I wore these different colored metal Bangles on one hand, my favorite pearl watch from Titan Raga collection on the other.
Completed the look with my comfy black Footwear from the trusted brand, Bata.
Did you like this outfit??? 😊
Published by mygirlypedia
It's a Wikipedia of a gal... View all posts by mygirlypedia
Most Viewed Posts
- Beauty Benefits of Soured Milk
- I Tried Couple of Nykaa Hand & Nail Crèmes and This is What All I Have to Say About Them
- Nivea Coloron Crayon : Review and Swatch
- This is What I Want to Say About Nykaa Matte to Last Range
- Home Remedies to Cure Prickly Heat Rashes
- Stop Asking Me When I Am Getting Married, I Don't Ask When You Are Getting Divorced
- For Girls Who Wear Glasses
- Microblading - Lazy Girl's Easiest Way To Get Thick Eyebrows
- Home Remedies for Open Pores
- How to Style a Pencil Skirt