Are you a fitness freak??? Ahh this is the word used by many (I sometimes feel it a bit of negative due to the word ‘freak’ may be). Let me re-frame, are you fitness conscious or fitness enthusiast??? What does fitness or physical activity means to you???
I personally have tried and experienced this, I’m way more happier and positive on the days I do my exercises. Especially the outdoor activities like running, trekking etc. With great company, it’s like cherry on the top.
Well, while typing this, I’m shining. How???? Remember?? The more you sweat the more you shine. Hehe I know it was a PJ. 😋
So, I’m back from cycling. Well, I did cover 18 km today(I’m sure I won’t be able to feel my legs tomorrow haha). Not bad huun. With an enthusiast buddy, who keeps cheering you up and listens to your PJs (I do crack a lot of PJs (those who are living under the rock, PJ stands for’Poor Joke’)), cycling for long distance makes look easier.
I had read somewhere that being physically active is very beneficial for your mental health. Now that I have experienced this, I just thought of sharing my views about it.
If you guys follow me on Instagram, you already know that I am a software engineer by profession. Uff a boring life I must say. Your life is kind of restricted to a corner and it starts and ends within few tiles. No matter how positive you try to think about it, this is the truth guys.
Anyways, just to add that ‘do what you like’ flavor to my boring weekday, I try to hit gym. I was not regular till the time I realized something. Following a strict diet is not my cup of tea. I just cant eat ONLY healthy. You guys know how much I love junk food through my Fun Friday posts. But, I realized, I am way more active mentally and physically, way more enthusiastic, positive, happy when I hit gym or go trekking(which makes the most happiest and peaceful gal in the world. I love nature. ). A month ago I had almost stopped going to gym and no trekking(summer is not meant for trekking). I could actually realize my thinking pattern and my way of doing creative stuffs. Now that I have realized this, I will never ever going to miss the gym.
Along with such positive effect on you, there are multiple other benefits which you get via physical exercises. Lets see what are they..
- Maintains Healthy Body Weight.
- It adds the fun quotient. Lifts your mood by bursting the stress.
- This is as basic as it sounds. Most of the people hit gym or do the physical activities to get fit by shedding extra fat. Because we all are aware what are the health issues you might get due to obesity.
- Reduce the risk of Cardiovascular Disease, cancer, diabetes type 2 etc.
- Strengthen bones and muscles.
- Improves sleep pattern.
- Increases lifespan.
- Energy booster.
How to be active???
When I say being physically active, doesn’t only mean getting an expensive gym membership. It can start right from where you are sitting.
- You can start your day with few stretchering exercises in the bed itself. This will definitely a great way to kick start the day.
- If your hectic morning schedule do not allow you to spare time for exercise, just accommodate exercise with some other work. Like for e.g. While brushing your teeth, you can do squats and lunges.
- Have a kid(be it human or furry)??? take your kid out for a walk. You don’t even realize your exercise, while you enjoy the ‘family time’.
- Involve in games which need physical strength. By the end of it you are sure you are gonna sweat like a pig. haha.
- If your work makes you sit for long, don’t. Make sure you take regular breaks. Take brief Walks.
- While sitting on chair, you can do some little exercises like leg lifts and side bends. (I do them)
- You might have heard or read this for zillion times. Let me repeat it one more time – use stairs instead of lifts/elevator wherever possible.
- If your work place is near by or going out for a quick shopping, walk instead of using vehicle. If you have a bicycle, you know what to do.
So, these are my tried and tested tips for being physically active.
Hope this helps you in modifying your life style to be healthier and happier version of yourself. Because – The More You Sweat The More You Shine both from inside out.