Microblading – Lazy Girl’s Easiest Way To Get Thick Eyebrows
Thick eyebrows are sign of youth. Some of the Bollywood heroines like Deepika Padukone, Aditi Rao Hydari are changing the brow game with thick eyebrows. Even some of the international models are flaunting their bushy brows.
If you are longing for those lustrous eyebrows, you can either try out some homeremedies to grow them. Provided, you have ample amount of patience and time. Else, there is this new technique called ‘microblading’ which will fulfil your desire of getting thick eyebrows within minimal time.
What is Microblading?
You must have read my post about permanent makeup. Where I have mentioned how tattoo artists give you a fuller eyebrow look by actually drawing fine tattoo lines. These fine strokes look similar to natural eyebrow hair. Microblading is similar to that but, it’s a temporary one. The end results are so natural, no wonder microblading is also called as 3D Eyebrow Embroidery Magic.
How it is done?
As I said it’s a temporary tattoo. Firstly, with a help of a pencil, the artist or the one who is conducting microblading will draw eyebrows. You will get to chose the shape of the eyebrows, which you think suits you the most.
Once you decide the shape of the eyebrows, a numbing cream is applied on and around the eyebrow bone. Then the color pigments are injected within the lines drawn. Since the area is numbed, a slight tingling effect is what you are going to experience.
How much time does this procedure takes?
The complete procedure takes around 3 hours, max. Once done, it takes time to settle. In the first month itself, it might fade a bit. You need to decide the tone of the eyebrows. If you are happy with the faded tone, well and good. Else, you might opt for a touchup or two, which takes maximum of 40 to 45 minutes.
How long does this lasts?
This solely depends on your skin type. For some it might lasts as long as 18 months. Later that, it gradually fades away.
What about the post care?
Since these are color pigments, there is high chance that they might get washed away with water. Hence, washing your face or at least your forehead is not recommended for 10 days. Just like you would avoid excess sweating in case of post tattoo care, you got to avoid excess sweating if you get microblading done. Post mentioned days, you can use gentle exfoliator or face wash to wash the entire face.
Pros of getting microblading done:
- The wish to get thick eyebrows is achieved in less time, without fear of losing anymore eyebrow hair. #HappyUs
- Time saving. You don’t have to spend time grooming your eyebrows everyday.
- Saves money you spend on products to groom eyebrows.
- Unlike permanent makeup, the microblading is not permanent, you don’t have to worry that you might get bored of same eyebrow shape. As and when it fades away, you can try out something new.
- It is comparatively a less painful procedure.
- Economical one. Costs you less compared to other cosmetic treatments.
Cons of microblading:
- It is not one time process. Since color pigment used are not permanent, you will need touch ups.
- Just like tattoo, some might be allergic to the color pigments used.
- There are chances that you might end up hurting your skin, if the artist is not well versed with the procedure.
- So that was the physical pain. You might also end up hurting yourself mentally if you get it done by a not so experienced artist. A small mistake with the shape, you might have to face the embarrassment till the time the eyebrows fade away.
- If the instruments used for microblading are not followed appropriate hygiene, you might get some contagious diseases.
- Even though a numbing cream is applied before starting the procedure, there are chances that the cream might not be effective for some skin type. So, the procedure might turn up slightly more painful.
So, if you are too lazy to try out home remedies to grow your eyebrows and still wish for thick eyebrows ‘instantly’, you know what to do. wink