OOTD : Navratri Day 7, The Color Red
As a symbol of triumph of good over bad, the festival ‘Navratri’ is celebrated. Nav means 9 and Ratri means night. This festival is celebrated to worship 9 different forms of Durga. People over different regions name the festival with different names and follow different rituals.
Also, people wear nine different colors on each day of Navratri. Each color represents each form of Durga.
Today’s color is Red.
So, here is what I wore – Chikan embroidery Kurta and palazzo as a part of celebration at office.
The bright red cotton Kurta has this soft thread embroidery work, which is famously called Chikan embroidery.
The black palazzo also has this embroidery on it’s sleeves. Since the thread used for the work is also of same color, you might not see that in these picture clearly.
However, being a good girl I have zoomed in the picture to show you the embroidery haha.
Completed the look with the bindi. It gives a festive vibe.
For accessories, I wore these red stone and white pearl earrings.
My baby sis bought this wooden bangle from one of the shops in Bengaluru airport, for her darling sister (Meee…!!!). This is one of my favorite bangles.
I know it doesn’t really go with the red outfit if you look at it with the ‘matching’ perspective. But, they say dressing is an art. Sometimes it’s modern art (you know what I mean. haha)
No, seriously, instead of keeping all the accessories red, I just added this piece of accessory to keep the balance. The bangle is the resultant of mixing colors red and black.
Have a happy Navratri all you beautiful people…!!! 🙂
Published by mygirlypedia
It's a Wikipedia of a gal... View all posts by mygirlypedia
Most Viewed Posts
- Nivea Coloron Crayon : Review and Swatch
- How to Fix Broken Cosmetics
- Beauty Benefits of Soured Milk
- Home Remedies to Cure Prickly Heat Rashes
- Microblading - Lazy Girl's Easiest Way To Get Thick Eyebrows
- I Tried Couple of Nykaa Hand & Nail Crèmes and This is What All I Have to Say About Them
- Things Which Only Long Haired Gals Understand
- Things Why You Should Include Basil Seeds In Your Diet
- For Girls Who Wear Glasses
- This is What I Have to Say About Sunny Leone's Liquid Lip Color