In my last post about skin care, I had mentioned how sea water can help you improve beauty and health. Today let me introduce you to a therapy based on salt – Salt therapy.
What is salt therapy???
It’s not a new bee in the world of therapies. Salt therapy is been used by people since more than 100 years. This old and natural therapy is for curing health issues and improving skin. Voila
Where is this therapy conducted???
Salt therapy involves room made of dry salt particles, hence those rooms are commonly called salt rooms or salt caves. The ceilings, floor and walls are made of dry salt blocks. A specialised Halo generator is used to grind Pharmaceutical Grade salt into minute breathable particles. These minute particles are dispersed into the salt room. The logic here is, as and when you inhale this salty air, it is going to benefit you, your skin as well as your overall health.
How is it done???
Those who wants to undergo this therapy got to sit in one of these salt rooms. (Sounds like an easiest therapy we have heard of…!!!)
While some choose to read inside the room, some like to enjoy a good massage session. Some might love doing nothing but relaxing.
Why salt therapy???
Salt is very powerful thing not just to make any dish perfect, but also to make our body work perfectly. As the pure form of salt from Himalaya or the famous dead sea has lot of elements, which are also found in human body. As the dry salt air is more powerful than the moist one, salt therapy makes use of dry air to heal the body.
How long is this therapy conducted?
As the salt concentration is high inside the room, the session lasts for 15-20 minutes. You can stay inside the room for 15-20 minutes and breath deeply just like the way you breath while doing Yoga.
Is it good for kids???
Yes. There are salt rooms designed specially for kids. Where they get to enjoy toys and games while inhaling healthy salt air.
- Salt level in the body defines lot many things. It affects our cell activities, blood sugar level as well as energy level.
- The dry salt air has been proved to improve our mood thus making sure its improving both mental and physical health. Bye bye stress…!!!
- Inhaling the salt air inside the salt caves helps in healing respiratory diseases like allergies, asthma, bronchitis, sinus congestion etc.
- Salt therapy is been proved to be a boon for people with asthma issues. Salt rooms have been proved to heal them by helping them breath easily.
- Immune, nervous and lymphatic systems get benefits by the salt therapy.
- Needless to say, salt helps in detoxification. Antibacterial property helps in curing skin conditions.
Depends on the salt caves and region.
USA has lot of options for salt caves. Good news is, India has some options too. Most of the metro cities like Bengaluru, Delhi have salt caves for such treatments.
So the next time you want a quite weekend or want to spend some time with your loved ones, you have this healthier place.