All You Need to Know About Orange Oil
I have been hearing a lot about vitamin C and essentials oils etc. Which help in taking care of skin not only by improving it’s texture but also aid the anti-aging process. So, just thought of gathering more information about them, so that I can include in my daily skin care regime and of course to share with you beautiful people.
For today, I am starting with one of the essential oils – Orange oil.
Let’s see how it’s going to help our skin and hair. Ready??? Hop in…!
How to Prepare Orange Oil at Home???
First thing first. How to prepare orange oil.
- Peel off the orange peel and remove the white part by scratching. This will make sure the oil is more concentrated.
- Place these peels in a glass jar.
- Add vodka to the jar and shake well. Vodka helps to marinate.
- Keep the jar in cold and dark place for a week.
- After a week, filter out the liquid from the jar.
- Place this liquid in ventilated space so that the alcohol in the liquid gets evaporated.
- Post 2 to 3 days, the liquid free of alcohol smell is what we need – orange oil.
I know it takes a lot of time and patience to prepare one at home. But it is purest one you can get. No matter how good it can be, some are too lazy to wait for long. So, people like me, just go and buy one from online. hehe
How does it smell???
It smells like orange (obviously) but a very strong one.
Why You Should Use Orange Oil???
You must be thinking I started with the beauty benefits and first point says mental health. Well, well, if you are happy inside, your skin looks happy outside. Orange oil has this amazing fragrance which has proven to reduce depression or anxiety. It calms down the pulses and helps you relax. Now when you are calm and content from within, it definitely shows on your skin as well.
Treating Acne and Skin Infection:
Orange oil has anti-bacterial and inflammatory properties. Using diluted orange oil on acne, swelling or redness helps in soothing it.
Orange oil has been proved to add needed moisture to your skin when applied. Dry skin beauties, I hope you are listening.
Orange oil helps in cleaning the facial pores and thus avoids clogging.
Improves Blood Flow:
If you apply orange oil it gives slight tingling effect. Orange oil helps in improving blood flow thus helps you get glowing skin.
You already know that the oil has anti-bacterial property. What you might not know is that orange oil also has antioxidants in it. Which are important to slow down the process of aging. This oil helps in stopping the appearance of lines and wrinkles on skin.
Reducing Dark Spots:
Orange oil has bleaching property. Which helps in lightening the skin tone. Regular usage of diluted orange oil on dark spots should fade them away.
Reducing Large Pores:
While keeping the pores super clean, it also helps in shrinking them. How??? Orange oil has tightening property, which helps in shrinking the facial pores.
Many of us suffer from appearance of cellulite. Orange oil can be a handy if you also suffer from the same. Massaging the affected area with diluted orange oil helps in blood flow, softens the epidermis and thus helping in reducing the cellulite.
Reduces extra oil secretion:
I hope this point will bring a smile on oily skinned beauties. Using diluted orange oil on skin that secrets more oil helps in reducing that extra oil secretion. Orange oil has this charm to control the oil secretion. So bye bye shiny face.
- Always remember that the essential oils should not be used directly on skin. You need to dilute the oil by mixing with some carrier oil like coconut oil/ almond oil and then use it on skin.
- It is not recommended to use orange oil while you are out in sun. Orange oil when comes in contact with direct sun, reacts and it might harm your skin.