Beauty Benefits of Mango
Summer has a special place in my heart. I’m sure it does in most of your hearts too. Even though the heat might make us go crazy sometimes, it brings so much joy of its own. One major thing I remember is, the summer holidays. I as a kid used to look forward to enjoy summer breaks. Where my mom used to get us ice creams, Rasna (a famous drinks among kids those days) on her own. We didn’t even had to beg much. haha. Also, talking about summer, how can we forget that it’s the season of yummy mangoes.
Who doesn’t like mangoes??? We all do..!!! So many dishes we can prepare, be it sweets, spicy pickle what not…!!! Every dish made out of mangoes will win our hearts.
We all have heard that eating more mangoes is not good. It will increase body weight and body heat. But let me tell you, too much of anything is bad. Isn’t it? In fact, nutritionist recommend seasonal fruits. With weather, our body changes internally. Eating seasonal fruits would help our body for sure.
Apart from helping our body, mangoes also help us in improving our skin and hair. How? Let’s see the list of benefits we can get from mangoes to get beautiful skin.
- Vitamin A and C are more important when it comes to maintain good skin and hair. Mangoes have both these vitamins in them. Applying mango pulp to hair adds moisture and shine.
How to prepare mango hair mask:
All you need to do is take the pulp and squeeze. Apply the juice and pulp to your hair. Keep it for 15-20 minutes before washing it.
- Similarly, if you are worried about dry skin, apply mashed mango pulp to your face to add moisture.
- Vitamin C is required to maintain collagen level. Collagen is responsible for skin elasticity and avoiding wrinkles. By consuming a cup of mango everyday helps in improving skin’s texture.
- Maintain health of facial pores is what is important to maintain good facial skin. Clogged pores are the biggest culprit to cause breakouts. Applying mango pulp to face helps in unclogging pores and thus keeping pimples at bay.
- Not just the pulp, even the seed can be helpful in order to improve the health of our hair. Mango seed oil can help with reducing hair fall and greying of hair.
How to prepare mango seed oil at home:
Remove the pulp and dip the mango seed in any oil of your choice, like for example coconut/ sesame oil. Place this container under sunlight for some days. Using this concoction regularly, can help you get healthy hair.
- Vitamin A in the mango helps in adding shine to hair, plus it helps in reducing dandruff when applied.
- Mango also has vitamin E in it. When we apply mango pulp on to our scalp, this vitamin helps in the scalp circulation thus boosting hair growth.
- If you have blemishes or dark spots on your face, all you need to do is to apply mango pulp on the effected area. With regular use, it is proved that mango can reduce the appearance of dark spots or blemishes.
These are some of the quick tips to make the most of this season’s fruit – Mango. 😉 So the next time while you enjoy eating one, don’t forget to apply on your skin and hair to get glowing skin and hair. (In short, be like Katrina Kaif in ads of a soft drinks you see in the television. haha. You know what I mean, If not, check the glimpse below..!!! )