Hello My Dear Beautiful Reader,
Winter is here. It’s too chilly here at Pune since a week. While I enjoy taking long cozy naps, my skin is screaming for more and more moisture day by day..!!
Skin covering lips is the thinnest layer of skin. Which makes it more prone to climatic changes and it requires more care. Today, I am going to share some tried and tested tricks and tips to take care of your lips so that you avoid cracked or chapped lips.
- Firstly moisturization. Add a good moisturizing lip balm in your beauty routine. Apply, reapply whenever needed. I would recommend this lip balm.
- Use lip balm with SPF before you step out. This avoids sun damage while keeping your lips moisturized.
- Scrubbing is a must. You can use some homemade scrubs or a good scrub from market to scrub away the dead skin cells from your lips. You can use scrub daily or 2-3 times a week. Scrubbing lips also promotes blood circulation and make lips look plump. I love these two scrubs the most – Forest Essential Lip Scrub and MAC Lip Scrub. If you are looking for DIY lip scrub recipes, here you go.
- Drink loads of water. Water not only flushes out toxins from body but also keeps skin hydrated from within.
- Lip mask are best friends in winter. Just like sheet masks for face, we do get masks for lips. All you need to do is place them over your lips to add deep moisture. There are lot of brands which have introduced some good lip masks to the market. If you are someone who love home remedies over chemicals, check this post of mine for DIY Lip Mask.
- While lips are dry, we tend to lick our lips. Let’s admit that it does give temporary relief from the dry lips. But the saliva evaporates quickly and it leaves lips even more dry. That’s the reason we should avoid licking lips and instead use lip balm when you feel the dryness.
- Avoid matte finish lipsticks. As the formula is quite drying, they enhance the cracks on lips and can make them more dry. Instead go for moisturizing lip tints/ lip glosses to add tint, shine + moisture.
- When I was a kid I had this weird habit of peeling off flaky skin from my lips. Ouch… Not only it hurts, it also does no good to lips. So please don’t be baby me and do not peel pick flaky skin. Instead use lip scrub as mentioned above.
- If you are too lazy to prepare a lip scrub/ get one, use toothbrush to scrub your lips. Yup it’s that simple. Wet the lips and use toothbrush to brush off the dry skin. Be gentle. Once done, don’t forget to apply lip balm..! You are welcome. 😉
- If your lips are super dry and you haven’t found your ‘the lip balm’ (you know what I mean), then I have coupe of kitchen ingredients which I love. Honey and ghee. You can mix them or can use separately. Just apply a layer of it on your lips and let it work overnight. You will wake up with much much softer lips in the morning.
PC : Internet