When it comes to hair care or skin care grandma’s recipes are the best. They never fail to amaze us every time we use them. Today I am going to share one of such wonderful hair care recipes from my dear grandma.
Finding a shampoo that works or us is as difficult as finding our soulmate. Even if we succeed in finding one, the fact remains the same that the shampoo does contain some chemicals that might harm our hair in the long run. So, what’s the solution then??
No wo’rries honey, I am going to share a solution. It is a DIY (Do It Yourself) Shampoo recipe. It has no chemicals only solutions for all your hair problems.!!
All you need are 3 ingredients. Lets make our shampoo. Ready?
1. Amla/Indian gooseberry:
Rich in vitamin C, amla is widely used in Ayurveda for hair & skincare. Major benefits being:
1. Reduces hair fall.
2. Makes hair strong.
3. Reduces dandruff.
4. Treats premature greying.
5. Promotes hair growth.
6. Treats scalp infections.
Ayurveda says dandruff is the real culprit when it comes to hair fall. Reetha helps in controlling hair fall by removing dandruff. It has antibacterial & anti-fungal properties which helps in fighting dandruff & hair fall. Reetha also adds moisture to scalp them making it feel healthy & supple.
This is a well known hair care product. Benefits of using Shekakai are:
1. Adds shine & softness to hair.
2. For stronger & thicker hair
3. Removes hair lice.
a. Removes dandruff
5. Heals infection.
6. Removes hair loss issue.
7. Nourishes hair follicles.
8. Avoids premature ageing.
How to make?
Its easy. Mix these ingredients in a bowl. Add water. Now boil the mixture.
Keep this mixture overnight so that the water gets time to absorb all the goodness of these ingredients. Your shampoo is ready to be used the next day. Yeeaahh!!
PS: Filter out the ingredients before using for hassel free use of shampoo.
These are my learning through personal experience:
1. Make sure you never let the shampoo come in contact with your eyes. If you do, you will be left with red eyes because it burns (nothing severe but yes its’ better to avoid).
2. It leaves your hair soft. You don’t need to use conditioner post this shampoo. Thanks to Reetha and shikakai. So cool huun!
3. If you have oiled your hair, you will need more quantity of shampoo. This is the same case with any other hair cleaner!
4. If you have not filtered out the ingredients, there might be some ingredients stuck to your hair. No worries, once you are done washing, once the hair is dry, you can gently comb your hair to remove them.
Keep coming back to Mygirlypedia for such amazing recipes.
In case you wanna see the whole process of making the shampoo, do click on the video below.
Categories: Hair care