Exfoliation is a mandatory step in skincare to keep skin healthy and glowy. Exfoliation is that process where we remove the dead skin layer to get soft and healthy skin.
While we know many types of exfoliation, do you know this method called dry brushing?
Dry brushing as the name suggests involves a brush, that helps in gently exfoliating your skin. While dry brushing can be done for the whole body as well as face, I am dedicating this particular post only for facial dry brushing.
How to Do Facial Dry Brushing?
- Please make sure you take a brush with soft bristles.
- Start with dry skin (hence the name!). No product required. It should be bare skin.
- Start from forehead move in the direction of your heart, with gentle strokes. It should be like forehead, bridge of your nose and then towards hairline.
- Now moving towards cheekbones, brush slowly towards your chin.
- Once you are done brushing, cleanse your face with warm water to remove residue of dead skin left.
- Now the MOST IMPORTANT step. Moisturising your skin.! Pamper your skin with a good moisturiser.
How frequently can I use dry brush?
Once or max twice a week.
Benefits of Dry Brushing:
- If done with minimum pressure, it’s super relaxing.
- Gently exfoliates and removes dead skin cells.
- Helps in lymphatic drainage.
- Reduces wrinkles.
- Helps in improving blood circulation thus gives that natural flush.
Things to Take Care:
- If you have skin issues like rosacea or psoriasis, kindly avoid dry brushing. As dry brushing can worsen the condition.!
- Do not over do this treatment. If overly done, it can irritate skin.
- At the end of the day it is one of the exfoliation methods. If done more than recommended, it will dry your skin.
Just like face we can use dry brushing technique for our body as well. If this interests you, do check this post –
Categories: Health and Beauty