Skin care people are always always drawn towards new skin care products. I have been trying out different face masks lately.
This glow mask which I am reviewing today, is something I wanted to try from quite long time. Just because of it’s ‘fanciness’. It has stars and glitters in it guys…!!! Does that not sound fancy enough???
Let’s see whether this fancy product is worth being a skin care junkie’s fantasy…!!!
Brand : Beauty Co.
Category : Skin care >> Face Mask >> Peel off mask.
There are 4 variants available. Click on the picture to shop.
- Charcoal Glitter Glow Mask
- Green Tea and Aloe vera Glitter Glow Mask
- Lavender and Chamomile Glitter Glow Mask
- Mix Berries Glitter Glow Mask
I bought the last one – the berries one.
Price: 850 INR for 100 g. (Each variant has been priced differently. ) I bought it in a sale. there was 50% off and bought it at 450 INR.
Online Link to Purchase:
Shelf Life: 2 Years
What Company Claims, Ingredients, Direction to use, Caution:
Even though it contains glycerine which is moisturizing + berries extracts which are rich in antioxidants, it does contains added fragrance. Certain artificial fragrance can irritate the skin/ eyes.
Each variant comes in different colored packing. Berries one comes in a pink pack. The outer pink cartoon has the details mentioned in golden font. Pack looks quite girly.
Product comes in tub packing. Again the tub color depends on the product inside. It has the lid inside for double protection. The outer lid or the cap is tight enough to carry this tiny box while travelling, without fear of spillage.
All the details like ingredients, shelf life, how to use, caution etc have been mentioned on the outer as well as the inner pack. I personally like the tub or the container which has all details mentioned over it because we hardly save the outer cartoon for long. If the details are mentioned over the container that helps in long run.
This also comes with a spatula to take out product and to apply. This avoids your hands from getting messy while applying.
This is red mask with pink undertone, which does reminds you of berries.
If you have tried those fellero chocolates, especially strawberry flavour, this smells like that. But kind of artificial one.
But the fragrance is quite strong. Once applied it takes some time to fade away. But that time is enough for your eyes to start watering especially if you have sensitive nose. My eyes start tingling and watering whenever I have used this mask.
This is neither runny nor thick. Gel like consistency. The glow mask has shining or glittery particles. Stars and glitters. They are technically doing nothing for the skin. They are just making the mask fancier.
As I mentioned, as soon as I start applying the mask, my eyes start tingling. Within few minutes they start watering. But thankfully the fragrance gets faded away within five minutes.
The mask takes minimum 20 minutes to solidify or to work completely.
Peeling off the mask was slightly painful. Rest of the points I will categorise in terms of pros and cons.
- Travel friendly packing.
- The glitter particles are not harming your skin. I was slightly sceptical about it. They are chunky small particle with sharp edges, especially the stars. But they didn’t harm the skin when applied or when peeled off.
- Skin was left super clean.
- After peeling off the mask skin wasn’t left dry. Which most of the peel off masks do.
- Glycerine is moisturizing.
- Berries have antioxidant properties.
- Peeling off mask was slightly painful. Can’t complain much as I have used the worst ones.
- Strong smell irritates my eyes. If you also have sensitive nose, please consider this point.
- Contains added fragrance.
- Has preservatives.
- Has Color pigments (CI 12490).
- This mask takes lot of time to dry.
- Washing off left over mask needs extra care. The glitter particles might scratch your skin if you rub your face while washing.
Does this works the way what it claims?
IT works on wrinkles – I don’t think there is any mask as such exists that works on wrinkles. Wrinkles appear as and when skin ages. This claim is something I can’t buy.
Working on scars – I have used this mask thrice so far. May be too soon to say but it has not made any changes to the scars as such.
Will I Repurchase?
Since my eyes start watering due to the fragrance, I won’t be buying the same flavour. But I would like to try other variant. May be charcoal one.
Will I Recommend?
If you have sensitive nose then it would be a no.
This is a decent buy. It does leaves skin clean and doesn’t dry your skin. If you want to try fancy glitter mask which is not doing any harm to your skin, go for it.
Mygirlypedia Rating: 2.5/5
You can watch the demo here 😉