I have been obsessed with shopping at Sephora lately. I have been in love with their sheet masks for quite a sometime. Will review some soon. Also I have had heard about their rubber mask. Since I am quite new or rather I had never used one, thought of giving it a try.
They have 4 different variants available:
- Coconut Water
As my skin is quite dry, I opted for the variant – coconut water. Which claims to add deep moisture. Let’s see how this works.
Price: 580 INR
This comes in a recyclable plastic box. The box resembles a small bucket. Different variants have different coloured boxes. All the details about the product including the required quantity of water to be mixed is also been mentioned on the box.
If it is a fresh piece, it is good to be carried around while you travel. But if you open the pack, the lid is not tight enough to carry it around without worrying about spillage.
Oh yes, it also comes with a spatula to mix water and the powder.
The mask is light cream colour.
It has a very very mild fruity smell. It’s a fresh aroma.
The store assistant told me that after mixing water and stirring it will turn into rubber like consistency and then we need to apply on face. But that was a miscommunication/ confusion. Because once you mix water, this turns out to be a paste like consistency. After letting it work for 5 minutes (as mentioned on the packing), it will turn into rubber like consistency. That is when we will be peeling off the mask.
Since this was my first ever encounter with rubber mask, I didn’t know exactly how it works and what quantity I will be needing. So, I blindly followed the instructions by adding the same quantity of water mentioned on the package. Stirred the mask with the spatula that comes with it.
But then I realised how actually the mask works. I.e. from paste to rubber consistency. Also I realised that I could have used the mask multiple times as the quantity was quite more for one time use.!
Even though the water added to the mask was exactly as instructed on the package, the mask was quite thin and dripping all over the place.
Good thing is that, as claimed by the company it works within 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of application, the mask had turned quite thick like a rubber.
Usually peeling masks hurt while peeling them off. But this mask was not. It was quite easy to peel it off.
About hydration – Usually peel off masks dry my skin. Post peeling them off I need a moisturizer. But post using this mask, my skin didn’t feel any dry. So I can easily say that skin was hydrated. But I can not say that the mask has deeply hydrated my skin, like a magic. It has done a very decent job.
- Peeling off the mask was easy.
- It did not dry my skin like any other peel off mask would do.
- It added hydration to my skin.
- Packing is quite reusable.Quantity is more for single use. You can use it multiple times if you take adequate quantity out and mix water to make the mask.
- Does not contain harmful chemicals.
- Plastic used for packing is recyclable. So they are doing a bit for the environment.
- Quantity of water mentioned on the pack is misleading. If you go with the quantity mentioned on the package, you are going to end up wasting the product like I did.
- It didn’t add any extra or deep hydration to my skin. It has done a very decent job.
- Falls on pricier side for a mask + the job it is doing.
- Package once opened, can’t be carried around without worrying about spillage. As the lid is not tight enough.
Is this on my repurchase list?
No. It is a descent product. But I had more expectations for the money I paid.
Will I recommend?
It is good enough for normal skin, provided they use it multiple times by the way I have suggested above. But if you have dry skin and searching for deep hydration, go for sheet masks instead of this one.
Mygirlypedia Rating: 2/5.
Check Out This Video of Mine Where I Have Demonstrated My First Ever Rubber Masking Experience. 😄