Recently, one of my friends asked me to suggest some cosmetics which are best and within the budget.
With the collection of stuffs I have, the ones I have personally tried and tested, making a list for you.
So, let’s do this…!!!
If you are very new to the world of lipsticks, it usually happens that you are not sure which colour suits you. It makes total sense that you don’t want to waste money on some expensive lipstick, which looked good on you while you tried in shops but didn’t suit you in day light. So, for beginners, I would suggest this brand of lipsticks – Elle 18.
Why I am suggesting Elle 18:
- They are totally totally pocket friendly. Price range is between Rs 80 to Rs 150.
- They have wide range of colours to choose from. From bright shades to n*de ones, they have it.
- If you want to try out different textured lipsticks like glossy, matte etc, have no worries because Elle 18 got them all.
- Best thing I love about Elle 18 is that they do not dry the lips.
If you want suggestions with shades, watch this video of mine where I have shown swatches of lipsticks suitable for beginners.
Needless to say, the lipstick lover in me has typed these two sections first.
Lip-gloss, as the name suggests, is more glossier and adds shine to lips. If you are not sure whether you will be able to carry shiny lips, then try these gloss from Lakme.
- Price is Rs 200.
- They are glossy and moisturising. Thus no fear of dried lips
- The shade rage is very limited to 3. But, you can apply a lipstick and on top, add this gloss. Voila, you created your own shade…!!!
Compact Powder –
If you are an oily skinned beauty, compact is a must to avoid shiny face. If you have combination skin, it is advised to pat some compact on your T- Zone and forehead to skip the greasiness. For more details about compact powder – here you go.
For beginners, I would suggest compact from Lakme.
- The compact will costs you Rs 145.
- Even though they have shades limited to 4, you can mix two different shades to match your skin tone if needed.
- Travel friendly packing comes with mirror. So, touch ups made easy.
- Plus you don’t have to spend more money on applicator. It comes with applicator sponge as well.
In case you want to know what and why we use foundation, check this post of mine. Where I have explained all minute details about foundation.
So, to talk about budget friendly foundation, the less priced ones I have tried are from Lakme. They are –
- Lakme Perfecting Liquid Foundation – Available shades are 4
- Lakme Face Magic Skin Tints Soufflé – Available shades 3.
- They do decent job of covering skin imperfections.
Issue with Lakme Perfecting Liquid Foundation is there are no shade options for dusky skinned beauties. The issue I faced with Lakme Face Magic Skin Tints Soufflé is that it doesn’t moisturise the skin. You might feel skin is way more dry at the end of the day.
If you like to spend more and get good foundation, go with Fit Me range from the brand Maybelline. You might have seen that foundation in most of my YouTube videos. The price of it is Rs 525 and they have shades for most of the skin tones. I am pretty sure you will find right shade for yourself in that range.
Assuming you are new to makeup,I would suggest you to read this post about concealer before buying one.
Also, I have already reviewed the concealers I have tried, in this post.
They may or may not be within the budget, but they work well.
You know how much I love eye makeup. Kajal is something I am never satisfied with. Often buy and try different Kajal from different brands. Even though my interest lies in different coloured Kajal or eyeliner, I am restricting myself to basic stuffs here.
For basic black Kajal, I would suggest the one from the brand Himalaya Herbals.
- Pocket friendly price of Rs 45. I mean, we can’t ask for lesser than this.
- I don’t say it’s a total smudge proof formula. Because, honestly there is no smudge proof as such. But with the amount of money we are paying for this Kajal, it’s totally worth it.
- It’s a deep black shade. Looks lovely on eyes.Find the detailed review of Himalaya Herbals Kajal here.
Stepping out without eyeliner seems like stepping out n*ked. Check this post of mine to know the feeling of an eye makeup lover.
For black eyeliner, I have always loved gel liner from Maybelline. Maybelline New York Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner – Black.
- Price is Rs 525. But this little pot of eyeliner gel goes long way. Little amount is enough to draw lines on both eyelids.
- Nice pigmentation.
- Comes with applicator brush.
- Lasting power is good too.
For beginners who are not well versed with drawing eyeliners, go with gel ones. Because gel eyeliners are not as runny as liquid ones. If you try drawing eyeliners using liquid eyeliner in the beginning, you tend to face these two issues:
- You going to end up making lot of mess and become a panda eyed human.
- There is high chance that you lose confidence and stop trying eye makeup.
If you know basics of drawing eyeliners and want a really good budget friendly eyeliner, go with this liquid eyeliner from the brand Lakme – Insta Liner Eye Liner. (Detailed Review Here).
- Price is Rs 110.
- The pointed brush is just perfect to draw sharp lines.
- It’s intense black eyeliner.
- Lasting power is decent but for the price we are paying it is a good deal.
Without going overbroad, try some of the blushes available out there. My suggestion for a budget friendly blush would be one from the brand Miss Claire, Single Big Blusher. I have tried the shade 31 which is a beautiful peach shade.
- Price is Rs 225.
- They have 17 shades of blushes to choose from…!!!
- Pigmentation is quite good.
You must have seen me creating this glossy eye makeup look in this video.
Where I have used glitter shadow from M.A.C. If you want to try eyeshadows and spend less money on it, then go for the ones from the brand Wet and Wild i.e. Wet n Wild Colour Icon Eyeshadow Glitter Single.
- Price is Rs 135.
- They have single coloured eyeshadow pack. You can buy shades you like instead of buying entire pallet, which you might not use much, it’s a good idea to buy single/ separate shades you liked the most.
- Pigmentation is good.
- They have both glitter and matte finished eyeshadows.
- They also have good range of colours to choose from.
So, these are some of the products I had bought in the past and worked for me. Hope you find this post useful for an economic shopping.