Recently, Kylie Jenner was slammed for advertising makeup wipes for all right reasons.
For those who are not aware, Kylie has cosmetics as well as skin care range on her name. One of the products in her skin care is the makeup wipes.
She claims that the wipes remove waterproof makeup, matte lipsticks.
In the promotion video she is seen advertising the product but we cannot see her using them on her skin. She just removes swatch of lipstick from her hand..! She can be seen blindly recommending the products to her followers.
While watching one of such promotional videos of her skincare range, what caught my mind was her sentence “I have used some yummy products to make these”…
a. If they were really yummy, these would be edible.
b. If they were that real yummy, why don’t Kylie use them on her skin to demonstrate.??
Forget about Kylie, let’s talk about makeup wipes. There are ‘n’ number of brands that have released makeup wipes in the market. Are they really good??
Just to give a brief background, makeup wipes/ cleansing wipes/ facial wipes, as name suggests they are used to wipe away makeup products.
How to use?
You need to rub the wipes against your facial skin.
It is said that the wipes have ingredients that melt down the makeup products.
Are they reusable?
No..! They are for one time use.
Does they really efficient?
Answer is NO.
- Makeup wipes are not at all ultimate cleanse. You have to wash or cleanse with other product after using makeup wipes.
- Makeup wipes do not melt all sort of makeup products. So 100% not efficient in cleaning the face.
- Rubbing the wipes against skin is not at all recommendable. The friction causes damage in the wrong run. Girls with sensitive skin, please stay away.!
- You need to put good amount of pressure while rubbing the wipes. It is said that this pressure applied can push the makeup products inside facial pores instead of cleaning it. If not cleansed again with other cleansing product, this will result in breakouts.
- As I said, makeup wipes have certain ingredients in them that are meant to melt makeup. But, there is good chance that those ingredients are not meant for your skin..!
Makeup Wipes are not good for environment.
Makeup wipes may look like they are made of clothes. But in reality they have plastic content in them. You already know, plastic is not biodegradable. Hence, if you don’t want to contribute to the already increasing global environmental changes, please stop using wipes.
Now you know why Kylie is being slammed for her marketing gimmick. She is smart enough to know these facts about wipes and that’s why she did not use them on her skin. Not even to advertise..!! She just used some ‘yummy’ words to sell them.
So, to keep your skin and our planet clean and happy, please stop using makeup wipes..!!
If you are using makeup wipes and do alternative, go for a good cleanser. If you have dry skin, go for oil based cleanser. Water based cleanser is good for oily skinned beauties. Normal skin girls are blessed ones..!! They have plenty of choices to choose from..! 🙂 For this change, your skin and mother earth will thank you.. 😊